In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ayuntamiento masculinemunicipio masculine
- City administrators convened again at city hall on May 15 to discuss funding approval to continue operation of the plant.
- A small number of these soldiers even staged a protest at city hall.
- He told them that he had dropped off his girlfriend at city hall but got tired of waiting for her, so he just grabbed his stuff and left.
- I think it certainly raised serious questions about the enforcement of security going into city hall.
- I just want you to know that my partner and I were married at city hall on Thursday this week.
- Philadelphia's new city hall was the tallest building in the world.
- Under some of the earlier job-training programs you would go down to city hall and show them you were poor and they'd give you a job.
- No expansion is planned for city hall, although there is provision in the land-use plan for future expansion.
- But the issue wasn't so cut and dried Monday afternoon at city hall.
- As the group was leaving city hall, however, the Archduke asked to go to the hospital to check on those injured in the bomb attack.
- The new presentation received positive response from the city administration and boat operators at a recent meeting in city hall.
- I was on the main level of San Francisco city hall from about noon until a bit after 5pm today.
- We made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in the park at city hall and finally got a good picture of the amazing tanks they use as police cars here.
- After receiving the petition, city administrators met at city hall and decided to call for a further clarification of the laws.
- The summonses stem from a protest outside city hall on March 4.
- The incendiary bombs appeared to be abandoned near an old building several blocks away from city hall.
- I think we need to go beyond the doors of this city hall.
- It would send a clear message to law breakers if this law breaker is taken out of city hall in shackles.
- I found out very quickly there were a number of special-interest groups who made city hall their private warren.
- He went down to city hall to learn why his utilities cost so much, and found out to run water to our town, it cost the government next to nothing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.