1also civet catciveta femininegato de algalia masculine
- On behalf of all civet cats I have to register a protest.
- So it's not a virus that every Himalayan palm civet has always had and is chronically infected with.
- The main suspect to date is the civet cat, a cat-like mammal closely related to the mongoose.
- This includes the civet cat which is known to be a carrier of the disease.
- On coffee plantations, palm civets dine heavily on coffee cherries.
2(substance)civeto masculinealgalia feminine
- The secretion of these glands, called civet, is used as a perfume base and medicine..
- In the sixteenth century, for example, pungent animal scents such as musk and civet were very popular.
- Silk, cotton, and velvet changed what people wore, and musk and civet altered the way that they smelt.
- During the Renaissances strong scents of animal origin, including musk, civet and ambergris, were popular, but by the late 18th century these were consider too strong, too beastly.
- Theatre became less serious and more sensational; the great national concerns gave way to domestic intrigue; the smell of cowslips and violets to musk and civet, if not in reality then in the imagery of the plays.