In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Prophecy and clairvoyance are so widely believed by millions of people that magicians are credited with psychic powers that not even Nostradamus would dare claim.
- Thus, it is possible that the attempt to explain the déjà vu experience in terms of lost memory, past lives, clairvoyance, and so on may be completely misguided.
- Students who score well on one type of ESP test, such as clairvoyance, are also likely to score well on another, such as telepathy.
- I should also note clairvoyance or telepathy may be the reason why some people do significantly better than chance in guessing experiments.
- I have only recently begun to explore my psychic side, but have been strong in the areas of psychic dreams and clairvoyance.
- Things that may be pure coincidence may appear to her as signs of clairvoyance.
- We can awaken our power of clairvoyance with training.
- He gained an early reputation for faith healing and clairvoyance and won fame throughout Mexico for his playful and unorthodox cures for a range of maladies including cancer and lameness.
- She regularly flies to the USA to see clients and give talks on astrology, palmistry, tarot and how to develop clairvoyance.
- As in both of the other experiments, there were two conditions: one testing for clairvoyance and the other for true precognition.
- Instead of sunshine and bright colours she sees shadows and spirits, and, having gained the power of clairvoyance, can foresee death.
- Further awakening of the inner potentials gradually bestows the supernormal powers of premonition, afflatus, telepathy, clairvoyance and prophecy.
- If you could do a bit of mind and thought reading, clairvoyance, prophecy and divination, that is all it takes to be a magician.
- Apparently I have the same clairvoyance that my mother had.
- She claimed to understand black magic and to possess clairvoyance, ESP, and other senses unsubstantiated by science.
- Anecdotes about psychokinesis and clairvoyance are given more credence than experimental results questioning these effects.
- He provides two experiments for pure clairvoyance in the Appendix, predicting that both will provide nonsignificant results.
- Price reports that significant fractions of Americans believe in astrology, clairvoyance, telepathy, and communication with the dead.
- Other terms for clairvoyance include second sight, shadow sight, prophecy, and spiritual communication.
- Now some might call that telepathy, others clairvoyance or precognition, or others dub it a trick or coincidence.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.