In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(experiences/powers) extrasensorialI'm not clairvoyant, you know! — ¡no soy clarividente!
- Their location was not a secret to those with clairvoyant powers.
- In her defiant assertion, ‘it is a true thing’, Charlotte Brontë was probably thinking of two specific authorities on the subject of mesmerism and clairvoyant communication.
- The prophetic or clairvoyant dream is perhaps the strongest reason for believing that dreaming is a gateway to another world.
- Tickets for the clairvoyant evening are £4 in advance and and £5 on the night.
- Samantha does in fact have completely reliable clairvoyant power, and her belief about the President did result from the operation of that power.
- In the story, clairvoyant dreams presage a family's gruesome end.
- And Justine isn't he only one with paranormal gifts - as Dawn reveals, she may also have some clairvoyant tendencies.
- Thus there is a suggestion that clairvoyant imagery tends to be unrelated to ongoing thought processes and is particularly involuntary and spontaneous.
- When I give clairvoyant readings, I let the words come out as a flow, while double-checking with my gut intuition.
- I am very clairvoyant so at a touch I can either understand or feel an emotion.
- It is interesting that clairvoyant experiences were among the least reported.
- Now imagine that one of these individuals knows all about the counter-evidence and is thus sceptical about the existence of clairvoyant powers.
- Ghost-finding equipment and images will be on display and she will be demonstrating her clairvoyant skills on the audience from 8pm.
- She certainly claimed to have paranormal experiences, but whether she really believed she was clairvoyant or possessed psychic powers, I can't say.
- In some cases their clairvoyant powers were employed by chiefs for advice and prophesy.
- She believes everyone has a degree of clairvoyant intuition, often dismissed as déjà vu, but that really skilled clairvoyants are able to go deeper and become completely enveloped in the spirit world.
- If so, the clairvoyant quality of these last works, their vision and authority, reflects the fate of a man who knew himself to be doomed.
- Both errors are common occurrences regarding so-called clairvoyant dreams.
- Moreover, he claimed that the principles of biodynamics could be understood by people of normal intelligence without using clairvoyant techniques.
- Certain individuals are gifted with clairvoyant dreams which they can use as means of predicting the out-come of future events.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.