In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(categorized)clasificadoclassified advertisement — anuncio por palabras masculine
- classified advertising — publicidad clasificada
- The second type can be located via newspaper classified ads.
- They admitted a ‘technical glitch’ caused two North Yorkshire towns to be missed out of the new classified section of the phone book.
- Here's how: find one or two fellow car enthusiasts, either people you trust, or people you can find from a taking out a small classified ad in a newspaper.
- We suggest to our customers that they use our ads, for instance, in conjunction with a local classified ad in their newspaper.
- Because classified advertising is sold by the line, abbreviations are used to save space.
- Or consider buying used equipment, which may be available at some athletic stores and through newspaper classified ads.
- Check the classified ads in the newspapers too.
- Check your local newspaper for classified listings that advertise affordable evening classes for adults.
- Take along your unwanted goods and sell them for instant cash, which beats selling via the classified adverts in newspapers, car boot sales or over the Internet.
- For days, he'd eagerly read each and every classified ad in the newspaper, and he'd already applied for several jobs.
- Most newspaper sites have classified ads, local movie listings, and many even have restaurant directories.
- If the amendments are passed - and we are yet to see that happen - we will have no newspaper advertising, except for advertisements in the classified columns.
- You could use classified ads in local newspapers and on the Internet - many of these are also free.
- It appears that at least two classified books were used in this system.
- For the first time, the directory contains classified and traditional A-Z listings together in one book.
- Newspaper websites and some print editions often offer free classified ads for such situations.
- Robert Teesdale, head gardener for Lord Carlisle at Castle Howard, compiled a classified catalogue of 197 rare plants in 1794.
- Only one newspaper reported its classified ads as an important source of online income (it represents 40 percent of the paper's total revenue).
- It was in the classified section, just after an ad asking if anyone wanted to join a volleyball team.
- How can an online classified ads stand out from the others?
- In addition to the individual entries there are many valuable aids: a classified list of contents, glossary, chronology, maps, genealogies, a guide to further reading and an index.
- He bought all the motorbike magazines and newspapers with classified ads and invited private sellers to display their bikes in his shops.
- However, classified adverts in magazines show dealers advertising cars with higher mileage than yours for nearer £8,000.
- The catch is that they can only call the numbers listed in the business and classified pages of the new phone book.
- Pointing out that the newspaper carries 4,000 classified advertisements every day, he said the massage section was probably the smallest part.
- But I can't imagine paying for a newspaper classified ad to sell a car again.
- Worrying about employment gave Patrick a headache, and he dismissed the thoughts, telling himself that he would read the classified ads in the newspaper later.
2(secret)(data/information/records) secreto(information/records/data) confidencial
- One can speculate about what kinds of classified documents they could've been after.
- Think about a powerful government official leaking sensitive classified information to the press solely to discredit a critic of the government's policy.
- I should mention here that merely having a certain level of Security Clearance does not mean one is authorized to view classified information.
- Administrative personnel providing unauthorised access to classified information or enabling its dissemination will face three years in prison or community service.
- There are only three levels of classified material: confidential, secret, top-secret.
- Yet in principle, the freedom to access information is not intended to allow people to access classified information.
- They've got tons of classified material and information that none of us have.
- I've been in no classified briefing that said he has stopped his program.
- To the CIA, however, the code name remains classified.
- Planning for possible action will be ‘compartmentalised’ to ensure the fewest number of people have access to classified information.
- It's still an unexact science, especially considering that he does not have access to any of the classified information that official decisionmakers are working from.
- This is a classified document and is not intended for public release.
- Roberts even says that Rockefeller expressed support for the program in subsequent classified briefings.
- Virtually all of the formerly classified reports are now readily available.
- The maximum penalty would be imposed on people who knowingly spread classified information or provided access to it to other parties.
- According to him, officially he would not have access to classified information but if the Prime Minister decided to give him certain documents, he would have to read them.
- They also include details gleaned from formerly classified Israeli documents written in Hebrew, which many researchers normally overlook.
- While some portion of it remains classified, much is available to the public.
- It is very serious if they were collecting and disseminating cheap political dirt from a classified document labeled ‘secret.’
- He was assigned the task of sending highly classified combat information to assigned receivers via electric codes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.