In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1compañero de clase masculinecompañera de clase feminine
- She continued on despite the obvious lack of attention in my fellow classmates.
- All eyes were on her as several of her classmates snickered.
- You were a shy man, and only met my mother, a college classmate, when you tried to sell her a slide-rule.
- She jumped in surprise and heard her classmates snickering.
- As a college student, he was always willing to help fellow classmates get through their exams.
- Since there are so few of them, they tend to know their brethren on other teams as they would a college classmate.
- The custom ranges from puppy love cards given to kindergarten classmates to diamond earrings presented by husbands to their wives.
- In silence, both girls finish getting dressed and go outside to join their classmates.
- Joshua decided he wanted to join his classmates for a spot of gymnastics.
- The students must also write a essay about a section of the bill of rights and also conduct a formal debate against fellow classmates.
- Notably, parental monitoring and classmate support reduced runaway risk and friend relationship increased it.
- Her classmates taunt and tease her but eventually she becomes a major celebrity.
- During the rest of the class time they sat next to each other watching their fellow classmate's scenes.
- He was explaining photosynthesis to kindergarten classmates at 5.
- He didn't need to listen to his college classmates ask the professor pointless questions.
- I was invited to a house party by a female Canadian classmate.
- Two of my son's classmates lost their parents.
- One of the men she met was a former high school classmate who left school early.
- The problem is that most of my male classmates have become very judgmental towards my dressing style.
- When they looked up from their guitars, they saw the smiling, admiring faces of their grade seven classmates.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.