In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1arcilla femininepotter's clay — arcilla (figulina) feminine
- They then cut around the fish template with plastic knives, carefully removing all the excess clay.
- He sat in a rocking chair after dinner and smoked a long clay pipe.
- You can apply a layer of bentonite clay to seal the soil or lay a synthetic liner.
- Treat dirt or red clay on children's baseball uniforms in the same manner.
- Not only is it waterproof, but it will also dry like baked polymer clays.
- The crafts will include stick making, painting, clay modelling, paper mache, collage and many more.
- The later Babylonians adopted the same style of cuneiform writing on clay tablets.
- In 1851, British archaeologists discovered hundreds of clay tablets while digging in ancient Babylon.
- Material culture included leather moccasins, pottery vessels with incised decoration, and clay figurines.
- Higher rates must be used in heavy clay soils than in light sandy soils.
- Children are like wet clay - they take the shape they are moulded into.
- If you're pregnant or nursing, consult your doctor before using bentonite clay.
- I've used polymer clay with children from second grade through sixth.
- He informs me that the ground below Dublin consists predominantly of boulder clay.
- The soil is a silty clay loam and located in the Finger Lakes.
- One slope of the mound had clay loam soil and another had sandy loam.
- Actually red clay was used to build it.
- Both were making clay pots, and everything seemed to be going along well.
- I strongly suggested that the students carve only, fighting the temptation to model the soft clay with their fingers.
- But the fine, white clay called kaolin was essential.
2also modeling clayarcilla (para modelar) femininefeminine plastilina US trademarkfeminine plasticina US Southern Cone trademark
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.