In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A call made as a situation escalated could suggest a calm approach and a clear-headed attempt to bring in more officers and possibly avert a violent outcome.
- It's certainly good when people are fair-minded and clear-headed enough to criticize people on their side, and we do especially respect people who act this way.
- So being away from Hollywood kind of keeps me clear-headed and focussed into what's really important, into having a life inside of show business.
- All three exhibits are clear-headed, well-executed and must-sees.
- No matter how clear-headed the child is he or she still needs a little maturity to make the most critical decision of her/his life.
- ‘We will continue to lead the country in a responsible and clear-headed way,’ he said.
- That kind of direct, clear-headed, goal-oriented vision was needed then, just as it is needed today.
- It's exactly the sort of clear-headed, community-minded civic action that I like to reward and encourage with my disposable income.
- To one long-time friend, I am a very clear-headed, logical person.
- They have to be clear-headed, alert and attentive to the other's responses.
- Thanks again for your refreshingly clear-headed analyses.
- A few may go off the deep end screaming about human rights, but there are others which are both clear-eyed and clear-headed while being concerned about human rights.
- If we were a little more clear-headed, these organized disruptions could be a valuable lesson in what the political left really believes in and what kind of world they would create if they ever get the kind of power they are seeking.
- Subsequently, he carved out a solo career as one of pop and rock's most consistently prolific and clear-headed campaigners.
- The decision to deny aid was based on clear-headed reasoning.
- At this time, we need considered, rational responses to the recent tragic events, and sensible, clear-headed discussion about what happens next.
- My thanks to the many alert and obviously clear-headed readers who spotted the error and were kind enough to e-mail me.
- Not everyone can have my cool clear-headed rational brain I guess.
- It is clear-headed and seems entirely sincere.
- What is shared, though, is the need to feel the government is analysing the situation in a clear-headed, accurate way and that it will come up with solutions that are just and protect all groups equally.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.