In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He also said the pianist may benefit from singing or playing individual parts, especially when there are transposing parts or those that use transposing clefs.
- In the upper corner of a forest, a staff-appears with G or F clef and one note, and the options are CDEFG.
- On the man's upper left arm is an image of the grim reaper playing a red guitar below a man playing a guitar in the shape of a musical clef.
- Guidelines for clefs, key signatures, bar-lines, and notes are similarly drawn in.
- For one thing, he himself tells us that he had learned all the old clefs before he was 12.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.