In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1clérigo masculineclériga feminineeclesiástico masculineeclesiástica feminine
- I had expected something of the ghost in the machine philosopher rather than a sober minded cleric.
- He was a well-respected figure and considered a relatively moderate leader in a party ruled by hardline Muslim clerics.
- He's one of only five living Grand Ayatollahs and is Iraq's most senior Shiite cleric.
- A leading Somali cleric, however, said such violence was the result of what he called oppression.
- He was caught in Aberystwyth, west Wales, in September after a suspicious local cleric reported him to police.
- Listening to this elderly cleric, rambling on about the woes of the world, he can scarcely believe his luck.
- My father is descended from Muslim clerics in Rembang and my mother is from Jepara, which is also strongly Islamic.
- He handed a copy to each cleric and their aides, after which he sat down and watched their reactions.
- What happens if there's another radical cleric who comes forward and mobilizes these people?
- Based on what you just got through saying, the senior Muslim Shiite clerics have no use for this guy.
- Soon there is a shortage of Muslim clerics worldwide, but many arrive from the revitalized Middle East.
- The officiating minister for the wedding was the chief cleric, who was dressed in his finest robes.
- He was a formidable athlete as well as a notable Westmorland cleric.
- A Muslim cleric and additional copies of the Koran are coming in soon.
- It has a warrant for his arrest in connection with the murder of another cleric.
- Constantly, they are being seen with Muslim clerics and visiting mosques.
- He taught his son all the magic he knew and sent him from wizard to sorcerer to cleric to learn more.
- Now, the bomb exploded as mourners attended the funeral of a pro - government cleric.
- On an invitation by the clerics of a church, Shyam had rendered a Puranadra Dasa composition.
- Women cannot preach to men, but female clerics ministering to women are not uncommon.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.