In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1listillo informalque se pasa de listo informalque se pasa de vivo Southern Cone informal
- Inside is where the real source of the problems comes from, thanks to the clever-clever iDrive system.
- To that end he fills the screen with clever-clever little homages to a great era in French cinema.
- Maybe his character is some oblique clever-clever reference to Japanese theatre.
- The building is massively experimental, clever-clever, tricksy, fussy, risky - and I bet it dates quickly and badly.
- The clever-clever double casting of Bonnevie serves only to emphasize Alex's callowness.
- It's a concentrated, half-hour shot of intense guitar noise and clever-clever couplets.
- Internet geeks will rejoice at the latest clever-clever web campaign.
- Those are the universes where people thought that Mighton's stage play was a miserable flop, a clever-clever intellectual exercise with no emotional weight.
- The clever-clever developers get all the kudos for coming up with the idea in the first place.
- It could be that a fashion for clever-clever post-modernism has drained the soul from our playwrights and the politics from their writing.
- She knew from experience that this was no device, no clever-clever ruse designed to reveal her true character.
- It's almost too clever-clever, but gets away with it by skipping along regardless and still being hilarious even on repeated listens.
- You could be forgiven for thinking that they were indeed the clever-clever early - 80s plagiarists paragraph one has them pegged as.
- I'm a big fan of Magic In Theory and Practice, as it's basically full of plain speaking rather than the usual Crowley clever-clever obfuscation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.