In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Sorry to use such a clichéd phrase, but it's appropriate for talking about this film.
- The work is free of the tired clichéd issues surrounding and weighing down most conceptual installation art.
- There's a touch of charm, but the cliched storytelling lacks that vital spark to send it soaring above the obligatory half-term movies.
- The problem is in the execution, which feels incredibly derivative and cliched.
- This stuff is served up in such a mundane, cliched way that even if there is a truth in there, it blew right by me.
- This is probably just as well, given the extent to which some titles - particularly the most cliched ones - get over-used.
- It won't be to all tastes, but it does make you view what can become a cliched media story in a fresh way.
- In its less stellar moments, the songwriting can be a bit of a yawn-fest with cliched choruses that are repeated ad nauseam.
- No amount of attention to signs can undo the impact of cliched words or banal sentiments.
- Adrian cringed at the exact clichéd phrase that he didn't want to hear at all.
- The sagas attracted huge audiences, hooked on every clichéd twist and turn of the predictable plot.
- They found Chinese painting cliched and lacking vitality.
- For too many players on the pitch, the clichéd phrase of just trying to treat it like any other game had obviously been taken to heart.
- Overcoming the traditional cliched views of civil servants remains a challenge if the body is to attract the best talent in the marketplace away from the private sector.
- Do we think there's no such thing as bad art: poorly written novels, cliched and unoriginal paintings, unconvincingly acted films?
- Joey is worth watching for the cast, but you will be let down by the predictable and clichéd style of humour.
- The samples on their albums sound fresh and vibrant, not like the tired and clichéd samples so many rappers resort to.
- We need whatever music, no matter how corny or clichéd, to get us through our days and nights.
- Offering a slice of Bollywood craze to people here, she says teaching Bollywood dance is not just about passing on the cliched steps.
- That it works at all is largely down to the enthusiasm of its cast, who set about making the most of a tired and mostly cliched scenario.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.