1marcha atrás femininevuelta atrás feminineit was a climb-down by the government — el gobierno dio marcha atrás / se volvió atrás
- After comprehensively rubbishing the claim, the climbdown was then all the more humiliating.
- Last night the council was forced into an embarrassing climbdown after it admitted it had mistakenly told people there would be no charge.
- The move signals a major climbdown by the Government on its much-vaunted plans to appoint elected mayors through the referendum process.
- The radical proposal looks too much like a climbdown for the government to take seriously.
- Plans for a £40 million supercasino on Southend seafront today looked dead in the water after a Government climbdown.
- In what is seen to be a climbdown, the Scottish Executive announces an amendment will be laid down in the bill aiming to repeal Section 28.
- A conservative election candidate who was deselected after a row over vote-rigging has been reinstated after a climbdown by party chiefs.
- But union sources believe that GE will face a humiliating climbdown at the Ayrshire plant.
- The Government has signalled a partial climbdown on the Gambling Bill by restricting the number of supercasinos in the first phase.
- Fears of a national firefighters’ strike have been quashed after a climbdown by bosses in the year-long wages row.
- I guess the climbdown was because a TPO would have netted them almost as much adverse national publicity as the Windermere 10 mph speed limit.
- However, this should not be regarded as a climbdown on the manager's part so much as a strategic withdrawal.
- With the council's big Conservative majority, such a climbdown looks unlikely.
- It has been forced into an embarrassing climbdown and humiliating surrender.
- The discovery of files by North Yorkshire Police has led to the embarrassing climbdown.
- Now red-faced Department officials have been forced into a climbdown.
- This was an appalling climbdown which exposed the inept manner with which the implementation has been undertaken.
- But we are entitled to expect something better than the overblown claims and ignominious climbdowns that are their hallmark.
- But if it was a concession, it never amounted to a climbdown.
- The England players called off their strike last night, but a statement of angry intensity should halt talk of a climbdown.