In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(top/dress) que se pega al cuerpo
- Her silky, fawn curls, streaked with red, dropped to her shoulders, and she wore a clingy black spaghetti-strap dress.
- Pictures of Mills rock-climbing in clingy Lycra sportswear show how natural-looking a prosthetic leg can be - at a price.
- She wore a Grecian-style gown made from clingy white fabric.
- Her beautiful clingy dress that she had worn last night was in a heap on the floor along with her stiletto heels, aluminum crown, and corsage.
- Do not wear clingy fabrics on top, choose darker colors on top.
- ‘It's too clingy,’ Rebecca said, plucking at the fabric and having it spring back against her.
- This leaves ample scope for clingy vests, suede halter tops and vulgar Hawaiian shirts.
- He quickly pulled off the clingy black sweater to reveal a black wife-beater and crashed on his bed, khakis and all.
- That night we dressed in clingy black and walked into town together.
- She was wearing a short, clingy blue dress with black platform sandals and a short black jacket.
- Stacey insisted Janet wear what she had brought: a fitting black mini skirt and a clingy cream-colored off-the-shoulder top and a pair of clear heels.
- Lexi tugged on her, somewhat clingy, khaki skirt, as she walked towards the shiny baby blue Mustang.
- She let her gaze fall over the clingy dress that adorned her body before looking at me once more.
- The cotton blouse was a bit too clingy for my comfort.
- He wears groovy, dark, clingy clothes and takes himself more seriously.
- Everyday women suddenly felt comfortable showing off their conditions in low rise jeans and belly revealing clingy fabrics and gowns.
- Dressed in a mini-skirt and clingy top she looked better than most, her long red hair flowing down her back.
- But what's with the garish red walls of the underpass and the ridiculously clingy dress hugging Alex's voluptuous frame?
- It was very clingy, this dress, but I looked stunning.
- The most memorable pieces were undoubtedly Gucci's clingy, dress with a daring keyhole neckline and its slinky, cut-out swimsuit.
- Already he was back to his old way of dealing with clingy females.
- Where once she was outgoing and confident, now she is clingy and dependent.
- And you will find out in this chapter why she is so clingy.
- I know some clingy men, at least one of whom handled a breakup in almost exactly this manner (incessant calling, ‘I need you’, etc).
- No wonder I got the results ‘You are a clingy person’ when I took some online quiz.
- I'm just clingy and he's just extremely touchy-feely.
- She was dependent on me, she was clingy and needy, and she didn't have a strong support system.
- She is clingy, rude to my friends, and extremely high-maintenance.
- He eventually manipulates his clingy girlfriend into the arms of another man, Murry, a wealthy beer distributor with a significant comb-over.
- She wanted to spend time with Jason but she didn't want to be the clingy girlfriend so she decided to go help Mariana pick out the music.
- I wasn't going to be that disgusting clingy girlfriend type.
- He wasn't clingy or annoying, and above all, he wasn't girly.
- The three females, for example, are reduced to stereotypes: the clingy mother, sycophantic girlfriend and bikie chick.
- She's really clingy and she was actually pressuring me.
- They were clingy and anxious even with their mother near, became very upset when she left, and had mixed feelings when she returned.
- She had always promised herself that she would never be one of those clingy girlfriends who waited around forever for their boyfriend to call.
- If this week people are clingy and dependant, easily offended and insecure, don't be manipulated by their whims of steel.
- Good for you, you do not deserve a clingy girlfriend.
- He's not the kind of dog that will let you pet him, but with the people he knows and trusts, he's clingy.
- Is it the clingy lady who keeps calling on ‘Leave Me Alone’?
2derogatory(child) poco independiente(adult) pegajoso informal(adult) pesado informal
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.