- The loss of this three-masted clipper, and her 27 crew, has remained one of Australia's greatest sea mysteries.
- Strictly speaking, the new Amistad is a reproduction or a recreation of the original, a Baltimore clipper built in Cuba around 1835 to carry general cargo.
- Star Clipper and her near-identical sister ship are fantastic square-rigged clippers.
- As the last surviving clipper built for the China Tea trade in 1869, the Cutty Sark is also a major part of Britain's Maritime history.
- Indeed I found a reference to the East India Company clipper Union landing on the island in 1609.