- They might be able to declare their fishing grounds to be a Marine Protected Area or designate a certain time of the year to be a closed season.
- After all, game fishing has a closed season to allow trout and salmon to get on with their reproductive cycle.
- The coarse angling reports will continue during the closed season for game fish, as anglers report any catches.
- Apart from some exceptions, the stag season runs for nine months of the year with a closed season in May, June and July, while open season for hinds is November through to February.
- One of the most immediate questions is whether we need a closed season for stags at all as there are no real welfare issues involved.
- Wilf explained that there are closed seasons for both salmon and brown trout.
- Because they don't breed in most English waters, they can be fished legally in winter, which is the closed season for native brown trout.
- The Deer Commission is on dangerous ground in calling for abolition of the closed season for stalking stags and extending the open season for shooting hinds.
- He predicted the extermination of most western game unless hunters observed closed seasons or bag limits.
- However, it was the closed season for swordfish and he therefore had to do this under cover of darkness in order not to be detected by the port police.
- It is also the only form of fox control that recognises a closed season, in which mothers and young are left alone.
- This form of hunting is the only form of fox control that recognises a closed season.
- In fisheries and wildlife commissions the purpose of these is to establish conservation methods, such as closed seasons or catch limitation practices.