In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fecha límite femininefecha tope femininethe closing date is May 5ᵗʰ — el plazo de presentación (or entrega etc.) finaliza el 5 de mayo
- The closing date for receipt of applications for funding is Wednesday, October 19.
- Any club athletes who wish to be entered in the above events should contact the secretary well in advance as the closing dates will be strictly adhered to.
- Once the closing date for applications has been specified it must be kept.
- The next course starts shortly and the closing date for applications is August 6.
- The club have advertised for the post and the closing date for applications was today.
- He said the majority of teams always handed their entries in on the night of the closing date when the draw also takes place.
- The closing date is October 4 and applications will not be taken on the day.
- With the closing date for applications looming, she came across the completed form and decided to post it.
- The closing date for membership money is February 29, which is fast approaching.
- Closing dates for university admission and closing dates for scholarship applications were different for each institution, as also the place from where you could get the application material.
- All application forms should be fully completed and lodged with the awarding authority by the closing date.
- December 20 is the closing date for entries and January 5 is the closing date for application forms to be sent in.
- There is no excuse for missing dates this year since Margaret went to the bother of sending out the closing dates with the events calendar.
- The closing date for entries for the Children's Art competition is Friday 5th March.
- You have less than a week to get your application form in before the closing date on 5 April.
- The closing date for receipt of information for next publication is Friday, August 22.
- The closing date for entries in the local competitions is Friday, June 17.
- The closing date for receipt of inquiries on any of the above grant schemes is Friday, March 21.
- A reminder to readers that the closing date for tickets for the club's annual Dinner Dance is this Friday.
- The closing date for booking is August 8 and seats will be reserved on a first come first served basis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.