- However, it sounds like you have an infestation of clothes moths.
- Woolen items injured by clothes moths have holes eaten through them by small, white larvae.
- The most common clothes moth in the U.S., they measure one half inch and are golden-brown with red-gold hairs on the head.
- Rosemary essential oil will act as a deterrent against clothes moths.
- For most problems with clothes moths or food moths there is no reason to reach for the can of insecticide.
- The best way to combat carpet beetles and clothes moths is to prevent them from becoming established in the home.
- Good housekeeping is as important in preventing clothes moth infestations as it is in clothes moth control.
- When clothes are not stored and maintained properly, the chances of clothes moths damaging the garments increases.
- If you've seen small moths flying around your closet, you may have been invaded by the common clothes moth.
- The clothes moth larva is the only feeding stage and therefore the only stage that damages fabrics.
- Live adult carpet beetles and clothes moths are rarely found because they do not feed on fabric.
- Both the webbing clothes moth and the casemaking clothes moth are similar in appearance.