In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1clausura feminineto invoke cloture — proponer que se ponga fin a un debate para pasar a la votación
- On Tuesday, the cloture vote on the bill was 69 to 31.
- He filed a cloture motion to end the debate and put the nomination to a vote.
- The fast track bill will be called in the Senate only when the White House knows it has the 60 votes necessary to invoke cloture.
- Four Democratic Senators have announced that they will vote in favor of a cloture motion, and at least one more is believed likely to do so.
- Senate Republicans will press for a cloture vote tomorrow.
- A cloture motion failed, and the nomination was withdrawn.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.