In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(spice)clavo (de olor) masculine
- In a food processor, pulse the garlic cloves to mince them thoroughly.
- In a heavy saucepan fry the roughly chopped cloves of garlic in a mixture of olive oil and butter.
- It is also difficult to identify garlics by appearance, since cloves from the same bulb grow differently in different locations.
- Place garlic cloves in a small saucepan and cover with cold water.
- There were no serious cooking techniques being demonstrated here, although I did learn how to purée garlic cloves with the tines of a fork.
- Crush three cloves of garlic in there and let the oil soak up all the garlicky goodness.
- Another delicious way to take garlic both for prevention as well as treatment is to macerate several cloves of mashed garlic in olive oil.
- Cut the lemon into eighths, and lightly crush the whole garlic cloves so that they just crack open.
- I gently sautéed one small, thinly sliced shallot and one minced clove of garlic in some butter.
- Sauté the blanched garlic cloves in the butter until they are lightly browned.
- To make it yourself, crush a garlic clove in a few tablespoons of olive oil and gently warm it over the stove for 30 minutes.
- To make your garlic soup, peel eight garlic cloves and put them in a covered saucepan with two large new potatoes, skins on, and cut into small chunks.
- Break the cloves off a garlic bulb and toss a handful into the blender.
- Chuck in a couple of chopped shallots and two cloves of chopped garlic.
- He prepared and roughly crushed and sliced some cloves of garlic.
- Put 1 cup of the olive oil in a bowl, and crush four cloves of garlic into it.
- Peel and chop the onion, the shallot and the garlic clove.
- I even diced a few cloves of garlic and threw them into the sauce, hoping to appease Mom's natural desires.
- Scatter half a chopped onion, half a garlic clove, and 2 dessertspoonfuls of salt over meat.
- Garlic contains sulfur compounds that give the cloves their distinct odor.
2(of garlic)diente masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.