In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hernia de la col femininepotra de la col feminine
- If your soil is acidic, sprinkle in lime or wood ashes to neutralize the soil, and defend against clubroot.
- Once the soil is infested by the clubroot fungus, the fungus will remain viable for years.
- There is no economical way of eliminating the clubroot organism from fields once infested.
- Hydrated lime appears to be more effective in reducing the severity of clubroot than ground limestone.
- In radishes, clubroot causes distorted swellings on the base of the bulb and along the tap root.
- The microorganism that causes clubroot occurs worldwide and also infects plants in the rose, poppy, and grass families.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.