In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1educación mixta feminineenseñanza mixta feminine
- Granted, the effect must depend on local gender practices and gender ideologies, but it is the global imposition of co-education that raises the question in the first place.
- In a move to reassure parents, classes that have already started exam courses will not be affected by the change to co-education.
- Like others, Hall also argues that co-education is the best preparation for a ‘co-educational’ world.
- Although no panacea can be prescribed, co-education and free mingling of both sexes at the primary level would be of great help.
- University co-education had finally arrived for the women of China.
- It was the only learning institution offering co-education in the district and if measures to save it from collapsing failed, most children would suffer.
- The school is now 60/40 split male to female and in September it held a party to celebrate 25 years of co-education.
- The schools believe that separating the sexes for lessons between 11 and 16 allows them to combine the benefits of single-sex education in the adolescent years and the social aspects of co-education.
- My favorite objection has to be that putting students in same-sex classes doesn't prepare them to interact in the real world, implying that co-education automatically does.
- The new school would ‘combine the social benefits of co-education with the academic benefits of single-sex teaching in the formative adolescent years’.
- This week marks a new beginning for pupils and teachers alike as a new system of co-education begins in the town's two primary schools.
- They called for an end to co-education; restrictions on women were imposed; and they publicly burned videos and music CDs that they considered immoral.
- Pupils felt co-education also leads to improved social and personal development.
- Educationalists have observed that co-education is a positive influence on the interaction of boys and girls.
- A special report into co-education is planned for release later in the academic year.
- But other factors, such as co-education rather than separation of the sexes, could also modify learning styles.
- He neglects as well the rapid spread of secondary co-education in the 1970s and the backlash against it in some quarters in the last decade.
- We feel strongly that the best preparation for the world beyond school and university is through co-education.
- Founded by Queen Elizabeth I in 1561, Kingston Grammar School is celebrating 25 years of co-education.
- Now, the continuing gap in school test scores and exam results between boys and girls is prompting fresh questions about co-education.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.