- Alternatively, drill a hole first and use a coach bolt to fasten the two together.
- Once we finished the bottom panels, the top panels were attached with more coach bolts and wing nuts on the outside so as to be removable.
- When I want maximum tension on coach bolts I also press a washer onto the head, this stops the head from pulling into the wood.
- Modern bricks are often quite soft and will almost inevitably split when someone fits a coach bolt near the edge.
- The original threaded bolt was replaced with a retaining pin made from a long coach bolt with the thread cut off.
- The fixings for each pipe were two stainless steel ear plates and four stainless steel coach bolts.
- The rectangular top frame slots together and the legs bolt on with the cadmium-plated coach bolts provided.
- The coach bolt has a square collar under the domed head and this locks into the wood when the nut is tightened.
- Floor, walls and roof were made from laminated timber elements 625 mm wide and 140 mm thick, which are fixed together with coach bolts and stainless-steel pins.
- One of the biggest headaches on these repairs is the removal of the coach bolts, in particular those on the uprights which are less severely rusted.