In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1coalición feminineto form a coalition — formar una coalición
- before noun coalition government — gobierno de coalición
- The last three weeks have witnessed the rise of one of the biggest and broadest political coalitions Britain has ever seen.
- His government is an uneasy coalition of ten parties, going under the title " Alliance for Change".
- Both the ruling party and the main opposition coalitions have already claimed victory.
- They are forming new political coalitions in an attempt to force an end to the occupation.
- His party failed to win an overall majority and a coalition government was formed.
- To that end, they created military coalitions with the aim of going to war.
- The three agrarian parties are prohibited from entering into any coalitions with leftist political powers.
- The party could become part of a ruling coalition for the first time in its history.
- However, he is in coalition with a far-right nationalist party that bitterly opposes both steps.
- They will face a tough task forming a governing coalition in a parliament that includes six other parties.
- The opposition activists are begging him to lead the center-left coalition of parties.
- A centre-right coalition was formed after elections in 1996 but collapsed in 1999.
- There are many political parties, and prime ministers must forge coalitions.
- As a realist, I am skeptical about whether he can build the necessary political coalitions.
- Organised by a coalition of radical organisations to oppose globalisation, the event attracted quite a wide range of people.
- Even before the coalition was built, the party leaders had agreed on an electoral truce.
- There has never been a majority in the parliament, and so the governments are coalitions.
- Following the increasing public dissatisfaction, a new coalition of civil organizations was established.
- However, his Liberal Democrat coalition partners are opposed to any new nuclear power stations.
- But a coalition of animal welfare groups has successfully rescued more than 30 so far.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.