- If a coalman sells a bag of coal with 10 kg less coal in it than it should have, then he will make an extra profit.
- Residents of Barnoldswick were proving very efficient in clearing snow from the paths but their policy of throwing snow on to the roads caused a number of problems for milkmen and coalmen.
- ‘I began taking a closer look at the postman, the coalman and the chimneysweep,’ joked Louis.
- Gardai had to escort Derry and Donegal coal trucks into Sligo town to make home deliveries following attacks on the trucks from Sligo coalmen.
- A coalman from York has become world champion in what must be one of the most unusual sports in existence.
- There is one particularly striking image of a city gent walking with the Bank of England on one side and a coalman on the other, lifting a bag of coal from his truck.
- He wore an old leather jerkin, the type that coalmen have, and a whitish shirt and a flat cap.
- However, the son of a Somerset coalman wasn't content with staying put in Devon.
- Colin known to his friends as ‘Coke’, a nickname earned during his teenage years when he worked as a coalman, loved music.
- There are a lot of elderly people living in the country who depend on coal to heat their houses and depend on the coalman to deliver it to them.