- The sides have fallen both in and out of the holds, the coamings broken into sections and the deck a mess.
- I began a diary, scratched on the cockpit coaming.
- Hatch coamings from the coal bunkers rest on one side, in line with the keel, still attached to a broken frame from the deck.
- After ten minutes of motoring, during which he remembered to douse the coaming and hull with some water, he left the yawl on automatic and went below again.
- I dropped further down, below the coaming and into the hold.
- Evidence of the coal bunkers being forward of the boilers is provided by a pair of hatch coamings, through which the fuel would have been loaded, resting on the sand.
- Drucker's seat belt broke and his forehead slammed into the uncushioned coaming at the bottom of the windshield frame.
- Sitting up on the coaming, spring sun in our eyes, the thrumming of the sail above us, we were as happy as the coots and grebes fossicking around in the reeds.
- Further back, the port side of the deck is low in the silt and either the hold coamings are offset to starboard or the forward mast is offset to port.
- She opened the hatch, stepped over the coaming and closed it without looking away.