In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(climate/waters) costerocoastal navigation — navegación costera feminine
- coastal strip — franja costera
- Some coastal villages are exposed to the seas by the lack of ice.
- The very long jetty was used as a wharf for the area in the days of coastal shipping.
- Most of us are aware of the impact that coastal erosion can have on buildings, property and communities.
- Its success will encourage others in our coastal and rural communities to do the same.
- How could he hope to compete with them from the little coastal town of Westport?
- We were strolling along the coastal path and sat down on the grass for a rest and to enjoy the panoramic view across the bay.
- It is thus important to realize that the coastal zone includes areas both above and below sea level.
- Almost every building in the small coastal town of Grand Isle was quickly destroyed.
- A rise in sea level is a concern where economic activity is based in coastal areas.
- We walked a very remote coastal path and then up two very large snow-covered mountains.
- There are many picnic spaces, information boards and coastal walks in this old village.
- The process of coastal erosion and deposition further down the coast has been going on for centuries.
- The coastal species are often well known, but many stay out of sight and are seldom seen by most people.
- The people would be moved to new coastal villages, where opportunities awaited them in industries and fisheries.
- When it opened it was the first of Yorkshire Water's new coastal schemes to be commissioned.
- Some coastal waters are degraded by oil production and sewage discharges.
- Most of the population live in highly urbanized areas along the coastal plains.
- The rest is wooded savanna, river valleys, and a small coastal plain.
- The logic was that coastal areas most benefited from the navy's protection.
- With its stunning landscape and coastal views it is a property developer's dream.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.