In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1feminine capaCooking capa feminineCooking baño masculinefeminine saburra technicalmetal/protective coating — revestimiento metálico/de protección
- covered with a plastic coating — plastificado
- The alkaline solution will interfere with the enteric coating and eventually dissolve it.
- The solution adheres to the ice cream and forms a coating on it.
- Then we'll spend the rest of the day removing the thin coating of soot over everything in the kitchen.
- Polymer coatings repel water, protecting the speakers from moisture and corrosion.
- Some amphibians can also be difficult to handle due to their coating of protective slime.
- Like sunglasses, prescription lenses too are available with a wide variety of coatings.
- Black coatings on stainless steel wash off easily, leaving a dull gray appearance.
- If you delay, the anti-skid coatings become worn and less effective.
- The thin plastic coating had cracked in various places and the paper underneath had begun to fade.
- The gums become red and swollen, and the tongue may develop a white coating.
- This is particularly critical for polymers that are the basis for paints and coatings.
- Quickly tilt the pan to spread the batter to form a thin coating on the bottom of the pan.
- Paints and coatings work by creating a thin film on the surface to which they are applied.
- This method can produce a wide range of products, from oily coatings to hard coatings and powders.
- The planes must be treated with special coatings of paint and fiber in a controlled environment.
- I was itching and covered in an irritating coating of dust and sweat.
- This light hits the phosphor coatings and produces red, green and blue colours.
- Mushrooms littered the floor of the mammoth cave and a thick coating of dust obscured most everything.
- My companion particularly enjoyed the dish's generous coating of garlicky olive oil.
- A common theme in the new generation of coatings is the ability to be applied in extremely thin layers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.