In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of dust, grease) capa feminineCooking capa feminineCooking baño masculine(on tongue) saburra feminine technicalmetal/protective coating — revestimiento metálico/de protección masculine
- covered with a plastic coating — plastificado
- I was itching and covered in an irritating coating of dust and sweat.
- Quickly tilt the pan to spread the batter to form a thin coating on the bottom of the pan.
- Then we'll spend the rest of the day removing the thin coating of soot over everything in the kitchen.
- This light hits the phosphor coatings and produces red, green and blue colours.
- Paints and coatings work by creating a thin film on the surface to which they are applied.
- Polymer coatings repel water, protecting the speakers from moisture and corrosion.
- Some amphibians can also be difficult to handle due to their coating of protective slime.
- This method can produce a wide range of products, from oily coatings to hard coatings and powders.
- Like sunglasses, prescription lenses too are available with a wide variety of coatings.
- The thin plastic coating had cracked in various places and the paper underneath had begun to fade.
- A common theme in the new generation of coatings is the ability to be applied in extremely thin layers.
- The alkaline solution will interfere with the enteric coating and eventually dissolve it.
- If you delay, the anti-skid coatings become worn and less effective.
- Mushrooms littered the floor of the mammoth cave and a thick coating of dust obscured most everything.
- The planes must be treated with special coatings of paint and fiber in a controlled environment.
- The solution adheres to the ice cream and forms a coating on it.
- My companion particularly enjoyed the dish's generous coating of garlicky olive oil.
- This is particularly critical for polymers that are the basis for paints and coatings.
- The gums become red and swollen, and the tongue may develop a white coating.
- Black coatings on stainless steel wash off easily, leaving a dull gray appearance.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.