In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1coautor masculinecoautora femininewe were coauthors of a book on astrology — escribimos conjuntamente un libro sobre astrología
- His co-authors included 18 scientists from around the world, making this the largest collaboration of its type.
- As a co-author of that document, I would like to clarify points raised in both articles.
- Six of those scientists are co-authors of the study to be published in Nature.
- I'm working on one now, but my three co-authors are dead and the first planning document is missing.
- However its co-authors have had huge difficulty getting their work assessed by academic experts.
- In fact, Chris and I are co-authors of the House version of that bill.
- Gary Gardner, co-author of the report, said the impact of chronic hunger and obesity was immense.
- Martin has a PhD in behavioural biology and a track record as author and co-author of popular science books.
- They're the co-authors of ‘Actual Innocence.’
- His co-author was Roger Kahn, one of the best writers ever on the topic of baseball.
- He is the co-author of several books on Wisconsin golf courses and fishing.
- Jerry is author or co-author of several hundred articles and more than 30 books.
- His co-author is an IT consultant specializing in enterprise management.
- The addition of Ross as a co-author is probably intended to create a façade of scientific authority.
- He deliberately keeps his films sketchy, ‘open systems’ so that the audience can become co-authors.
- National Guard biologists work with specialists from outside the military and sometimes appear as co-authors on the final studies.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.