In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Any drug, from tobacco and tea to cocaine and heroin, can be used responsibly if proper care is taken.
- Illegal drugs such as marijuana or cocaine may affect fertility, so don't use them.
- Bishop, who took heroin and cocaine in the days before the burglary, broke into the storage house.
- During some of these incidents he admitted to being high on heroin and cocaine.
- Senior police officers have been rapped for not keeping a close eye on batches of seized cocaine and heroin.
- A broken leg kept him out for a year and he became a nightclub regular, cocaine his usual drug of choice.
- Police found cocaine and cannabis when they stopped a man in the street, a court has heard.
- Just one night I was in this club and this guy asked me if I wanted some cocaine, and I took a little bit.
- Tests showed she suffered a heart attack after taking heroin, morphine and cocaine.
- This is a pathetic argument, as everybody knows drugs like heroin and cocaine destroy lives.
- This would have a bad effect on society, as we don't want increased use of cocaine and heroin!
- Sigmund Freud experimented with this and other uses of cocaine and took the drug himself for many years.
- All this time would be much better used in trying to catch those selling heroin or cocaine, drugs which kill.
- When I was sixteen I went to clubs and took ecstasy, cocaine or any other drugs connected to that scene.
- At this point, back in the early half of the Eighties, cocaine was a recreational drug.
- People say it is the start of the slippery slope to harder things like cocaine and heroin.
- There they found traces of four banned substances, including heroin and cocaine.
- A man stopped by police on patrol in a local park was found to have cocaine and heroin on him.
- She found a job and a flat but fell into drug use, taking cocaine and ecstasy, and her life began to fall apart.
- At first cocaine was used only as a stimulant, but it soon became, and still is, widely abused.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.