In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
nounPlural coccyxes, Plural coccyges
1coxis masculinecóccix masculine
- The sacrum itself represents 5 fused bones, and the coccyx another vestigial 2-3 or more - the remains of the ancestral tail.
- Many of my patients have pressure ulcers on the coccyx or sacrum.
- For that matter an injury to the spine or the coccyx also qualifies as affecting the automatic nervous system.
- From splintered bones in the coccyx, she was bedridden for nearly two years.
- The spinal column is composed of seven cervical vertebrae, twelve thoracic vertebrae, five lumbar vertebrae, the bony sacrum, and the coccyx.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.