nounPlural coccyxes, Plural coccyges
1coxis masculinecóccix masculine
- The sacrum itself represents 5 fused bones, and the coccyx another vestigial 2-3 or more - the remains of the ancestral tail.
- Many of my patients have pressure ulcers on the coccyx or sacrum.
- For that matter an injury to the spine or the coccyx also qualifies as affecting the automatic nervous system.
- From splintered bones in the coccyx, she was bedridden for nearly two years.
- The spinal column is composed of seven cervical vertebrae, twelve thoracic vertebrae, five lumbar vertebrae, the bony sacrum, and the coccyx.