- The foreign birds, most of these parrots and cockatoos, unfortunately need to be kept in cages.
- Surprisingly, parrots and cockatoos can get jealous of other pets, so if there's a new animal in the house be patient whilst your bird gets used to the newcomer.
- Many parrots, macaws and cockatoos are also being driven close to extinction by international trade.
- When living at the hotel on Thursday Island in 1891 he installed a cage of parrots and cockatoos on the verandah.
- Like other cockatoos, the cockatiel has a retractable crest which it raises up and down in response to alarm, excitement and other emotions.