In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1manteca de cacao femininemantequilla de cacao feminine
- To make chocolate, processors mix the cocoa liquor with cocoa butter, sugar and, to create milk chocolate, different forms of milk.
- Chalk up these good-for-the-skin benefits to the essential ingredient cocoa butter - a moisture-rich vegetable fat that can help soothe dry skin.
- With its higher percentages of cocoa solids and cocoa butter, this is what hard-core chocolate craving is all about.
- Commonly suggested remedies such as cocoa butter, vitamin E oil and other preparations or creams have no evidence that they actually work.
- In the late 1800s, a Dutchman invented the cocoa press, which could separate the ground beans into cocoa powder and cocoa butter.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.