In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- To wind up, there are desserts with coconut cream and bananas dominating.
- Place the sugar, almonds and coconut in a food processor, whizz briefly and then add the butter.
- Have a slice of coconut cream pie in celebration!
- Let us show you a few of the ways we use coconut for food in Jamaica.
- For the coconut and sesame seed crisps: In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle, combine butter and sugar and beat until fluffy.
- There's a cornucopia of cakery in here: cheesecake, coconut cake, and - above all else - Jamaican Ginger Cake.
- I also had the Lamingtons for dessert, sponge cake squares dipped in chocolate and covered in coconut and served with cream.
- The strawberry curry and coconut soup scores points by using fruit to control the fire that a curry can sometimes spark.
- The local meals are mostly prepared from rice, cassava root, potatoes and tasty coconut curries, which are delicious but fattening.
- The first of our starters was chicken satay marinated in spices and coconut cream, served with peanut sauce.
- I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that banana and coconut is the classic dessert combination for the decade.
- Sprinkle the rest of the coconut on the white chocolate.
- I didn't have time for lunch, but I grabbed a cake that had banana, chocolate and coconut.
- In a mixing bowl add the flour, sugar, coconut, honey and juice.
- Save room for the warm chocolate pudding with coconut panda ice cream.
- This is a traditional home-made English confection made from grated coconut mixed with sugar syrup cooked to the thread stage.
- There was no meat, no chicken, just vegetarian ingredients like tomatoes and coconut and mango.
- Mix the shredded tuna meat with the raw vegetables and add the steamed shredded coconut, lime juice and salt.
- More daring is the Japanese Juggler, which has white rum with chopped pineapple, orange, pineapple, and grape juice with coconut cream.
- Deep-fry fritters for about two minutes, until the coconut coating is golden brown.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.