- In addition, staff were concerned that pain might be undertreated once acetaminophen with codeine was the only analgesic used for pain management.
- The question of interest is not so much whether they are potent analgesics compared with codeine but, rather, which painful conditions they are effective in.
- Opiates - drugs like codeine and morphine that contain or are derived from opium - are considered low-grade narcotics.
- If this does not work the second step is to continue these drugs and add a weak synthetic opium imitator such as codeine or oxycodone.
- You should take warm baths and take painkillers if necessary, but avoid painkillers containing codeine as these often have side effects.