In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Opiates - drugs like codeine and morphine that contain or are derived from opium - are considered low-grade narcotics.
- In addition, staff were concerned that pain might be undertreated once acetaminophen with codeine was the only analgesic used for pain management.
- If this does not work the second step is to continue these drugs and add a weak synthetic opium imitator such as codeine or oxycodone.
- You should take warm baths and take painkillers if necessary, but avoid painkillers containing codeine as these often have side effects.
- The question of interest is not so much whether they are potent analgesics compared with codeine but, rather, which painful conditions they are effective in.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.