In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- If we're talking about boys and girls - and most children do go to coed schools - then let's talk about ways to equalize the experience.
- Women who attend women's colleges tend to major in science, mathematics and technology disciplines in greater numbers than women who attend coed institutions.
- They had met when a mutual friend had invited her to play on a coed soccer team.
- Even in all-female colleges the number of women athletes fall considerably below that needed to satisfy Title IX requirements in coed colleges.
- I decided to check out one of the more popular leagues - indoor coed soccer.
- The rutted roads were thick with mostly male and coed groups, camped where the piñons give way to cottonwoods down by the creek.
- If women want to meet men, they should join a bike club or play coed soccer.
- Upstairs in the same club there is a coed bathroom.
- She was going to a very prestigious, Catholic, coed high school that offered the best sporting programs in the city.
- Today we are a coed school of 550 with enlarged faculty and administration.
- Choose from women-only or coed classes, each with a maximum 8-1 student-teacher ratio.
- Another night, another motel room, and now the guys have insisted on coed rooms.
- Originally founded as a coed institution in 1893 by the United Methodist Church, Bennett became a women's college in 1926.
- The coach was the person who reasoned her into playing soccer for the coed team.
- Religious schools are also widespread, and during the last two decades they have started to open to coed education.
- Coax nine pals into forming a stag or coed softball team and join the Parks and Recreation League; the season starts in March.
- She believed coed schools were best for everyone.
- I've even met some parents who provide the alcohol at their kids' parties or permit coed sleepovers.
- We were crammed into a coed warehouse that housed more than 300 people.
- We picked out coed teams and played football etc.
1alumna de una institución de enseñanza mixta
- In those days, Alabama coeds had to be in by midnight.
- He spoke with authority and enthusiasm, apparently oblivious to the adoring gazes of his star-struck coeds.
- The film follows a group of college coeds who decide to take a wild trip during spring break over to a Halloween-style rave on a dark and desolate island.
- Laden with a mismatched stack of old leather-bound books, the pretty coed rounded an aisle and nearly collided with a scruffy looking male.
- It may be time to set aside any preconceived notions about these coeds and start thinking of them as serious consumers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.