In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- For millions of people, a diagnosis of celiac disease could explain mysterious symptoms and put an end to suffering.
- Do many of the patients thought to have irritable bowel syndrome actually have celiac disease?
- The following year, he was diagnosed with celiac disease - intolerance to gluten in food that results in intestinal and other disorders.
- Cystic fibrosis, chronic liver disease, and celiac disease are conditions that limit the body's ability to absorb nutrients.
- I have celiac disease and must avoid gluten, which is found in anything with wheat, rye, barley and oats.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.