In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1coacción feminineby coercion — por la fuerza
- There is also a belief that worker performance is based on either rewards offered by management or the threat of coercion.
- He refused to speculate as to the identity of the groups or individuals who had been behind the coercion.
- This is really your opportunity to be yourself, to do something without coercion from others.
- He denied he had made the confession under coercion and threat, as alleged by his father.
- If psychiatry is to move forward it is necessary, but not sufficient, to resist state coercion and to listen to patients.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.