In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1reunión social en la mañana, a veces con fines benéficos
- If you would like to host a coffee morning please contact your local hospice group.
- Barbara announced that the coffee morning she had raised £202.
- He reminded members about the forthcoming coffee morning on May 4 in aid of the two charities and asked for items to be donated for sale.
- The charity is holding a coffee morning for older people combined with an introduction to the fun of using computers.
- The fundraising coffee morning, also featuring a cake sale, will be held this Saturday from 10 am until noon.
- A coffee morning at my house managed to raise 200 and we are doing a fancy dress pub crawl in Bury.
- The school is also hosting a coffee morning tomorrow to raise money for victims of the tsunami disaster.
- A recent coffee morning held at the church raised £205 towards the expenses of the trip.
- The school held a coffee morning and raised £60 for Action Aid.
- The group is currently seeking volunteers to host a coffee morning in their homes to raise funds.
- We could have a coffee morning or something to raise the money.
- The coffee morning gives Saturday morning Mass goers an opportunity to meet friends and have a chat.
- We meet every second Tuesday in a member's private house for a coffee morning.
- If you are holding a charity event, such as a coffee morning or sponsored walk, we can help you publicise it in two ways.
- The coffee morning, which took place last Thursday morning, was a great success.
- Another supporter set up a coffee morning at her home, raising £300 towards the Appeal.
- Our aim was to try to raise £5,000 which started with a coffee morning in May.
- During the coffee morning, residents also managed to raise an extra £250 for the fund.
- Just invite some of your nearest and dearest over to your house or organise a coffee morning in your office!
- That is as passé as a beetle drive in the church hall or a coffee morning in the community centre.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.