In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Many biologists have begun posing and testing hypotheses concerning animal experience and cognition.
- Theories of social cognition delineate how people process information in interpersonal interactions.
- He is an experimental psychologist specialising in the study of human cognition and language understanding.
- This form of mental unity could appropriately be called unity of cognition.
- For reason alone can attain to truth either in cognition or action.
- By metacognition I mean knowledge about cognition itself and control of one's own cognitive processes.
- Valuings of objects as useful can also be immediate - that is, not mediated by cognition or awareness of what one is doing.
- Forging a closer relationship between the education process and the process of cognition is key to creative thinking.
- He was deaf and dumb, and not surprisingly the Court's statement dwelt on matters of cognition and understanding.
- The model is also consistent with the growing recognition of nonrational and nonconscious processes in cognition.
- The prefrontal lobe is known to be involved in pragmatic language processes and complex social cognition.
- To say that cognition is embodied means that it arises from bodily interactions with the world.
- Narrative approaches to therapy place emphasis on cognition and social processes in meaning making.
- In itself the a priori has nothing whatever to do with thinking and cognition.
- The findings from these experiments have been taken to demonstrate the role of cognition in the experience of emotion.
- Vision has long been associated with reason, cognition, and empiricism.
- Prominent theories of mind hold that human cognition generally is computational.
- There is a unity between the logical and historical methods, which means that any process of logical cognition has a history of its own.
- This research focuses on how dissociative processes and implicit cognition may act in concert to affect substance use.
- Collectively, the papers make a significant contribution to our understanding of science and cognition.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.