In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1partidario de la guerra fría masculinepartidaria de la guerra fría feminine
- Much as liberals like to posthumously remember Kennedy as an ardent liberal champion, he was in fact an ardent cold warrior.
- One of the important things that led to my work in these two books was that I was a cold warrior.
- When the cold war ended, ideology went by the wayside, according to cold warriors like Francis Fukuyama, with whom Michaels agrees on this limited point.
- To cold warriors, the tribal traditions of communal land use and ownership patterns constituted Socialism.
- Mr Atkinson, a cold warrior, on the other hand seems to be reading history through old war movies and press releases from the White House.
- Among the most aggressive cold warriors, Johnson determined to halt Soviet and Chinese expansion.
- Kennedy was as tough a cold warrior as anyone, but we didn't win because he stared down Khrushchev and made him blink, we won because he was smart enough to take a good deal when he saw it.
- For the cold warriors it became a term of abuse that could be thrust on fascist and Communist regimes alike, thereby blurring any differences between them.
- Not unlike Nixon, Ronald Reagan saw himself as a cold warrior.
- To be sure, her latest book can be criticized for its excessive enthusiasm for Joe McCarthy and its indiscriminate attacks on Democratic cold warriors.
- Lifestyle branding filled shopping's ‘meaning’ vacuum for a time, but it wasn't enough to satisfy the ambitions of the old-school cold warriors.
- This issue became a lightning rod for old cold warriors on the executive council, the main leadership body of the federation.
- Canadians on the whole were not fervent cold warriors.
- On the former point, this reviewer continues to be amazed by the schoolboy excitement upon their first visits to China evident in the memoirs of Kissinger and Brzezinski, supposedly two battle-hardened cold warriors.
- We haven't seen its equal since JFK won his bet with Khrushchev and emerged into history as a steely eyed cold warrior instead of the man who started World War III.
- Raimondo shows convincingly that William Buckley and other cold warriors derailed American conservatism, so far as foreign policy is concerned.
- McAuley the militant Christian was also a cold warrior.
- His pacifist friends and his associates in the black freedom movement applauded his integrity and courage, and they stood by him when cold warriors and the defenders of the racial status quo launched attacks on him.
- Henry Kissinger, one-time Secretary of State to two Republican presidents and renowned cold warrior has written a book entitled Does America Need a Foreign Policy?
- How Kennan's prescription would eventually serve to overcome these obstacles was far from clear, one reason he found himself attacked by strident cold warriors.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.