In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ensalada de repollo, zanahoria y cebolla con mayonesa
- I chose a cold baked salmon salad with homemade coleslaw, potato salad and brown bread.
- Freshly made sandwiches with side salad, coleslaw and potato crisps were priced at £3.50.
- Salad options include green salad, creamy coleslaw, marinated vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots) and macaroni salad.
- Mix equal parts low fat mayonnaise and yogurt and use to dress coleslaw or potato salad.
- These varieties are often used for making coleslaw and other cabbage salads.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.