In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Braque soon followed with his own distinctive type of collage, the papier collé, in which he applied strips or fragments of paper to a painting or drawing.
- In 1912 Braque and Picasso began to introduce collage and papier collé: this lent a clearer, if schematic, system of reference into a style which had become increasingly abstract.
- Taster sessions in drawing, art, photography, collage and sculpture were offered.
- This collection of 33 pieces contains a broad range of media including wood carvings, print, oil on paper, Indian ink drawings, collage and gouache.
- The freely crafted arrangements seem to dance in space, revisiting Rebay's fusions of collage and watercolor on paper from early in her career, such as Paper Plastic.
- Picasso's oeuvre eventually becomes a kind of vast Cubist collage itself, sprawling in all directions almost to the point of incoherence.
- The irreverent flamboyance of pop art, collage, parody and deconstruction made offbeat performance more audience-friendly, more upmarket.
- She works in collage and mixed media, carving, scratching and gluing the surface texture to create ‘visual dialogue.’
- It's also one of the obvious connections to modernist art practices such as cubist or surrealist collage.
- His techniques included collage and tracing with carbon or wax paper.
- The pieces were heightened by the use of various techniques such as calligraphy, collage and photography and the materials used ranged from charcoal, crayon and marker to paint.
- Campbell is not only an avid painter, she is also experienced in teaching, lecturing and working with collage and sculpture.
- Pastel, gesso, watercolor, gouache, pencil, charcoal, acrylic, oil and collage all contribute to the way she constructs her images.
- Kay Hassan's recent show at Gallery Momo incorporated works in three distinct media: watercolour, collage as well as an installation-based series of pieces.
- Rosenquist transforms the materially disjunctive qualities of collage into the planar unity of painting.
- Similarly, artist Joanne, who works in Surrey, England, uses paint with collage and mixed media to gain both texture and depth in her abstract landscapes.
- Abstract expressionism, collage, surrealism, impressionism and the use of other materials were expressly banned.
- His creative expression is found in such diverse mediums as wood sculpture and costume, painting and collage, photography and watercolors.
- Louise is an emerging artist who prefers to work in mixed media and collage.
- Could you describe the cut and its relationship to formal art movements, collage, and pastiche?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.