In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Without dietary vitamin C, the human animal cannot properly synthesize collagen.
- Protein is crucial for the production of collagen and elastin, the protein fibres that keep skin supple and elastic
- A protein called collagen leaks out from around the injured areas, causing inflammation.
- The protein collagen is responsible for the tough qualities of connective tissue.
- Among these, collagen is the major structural protein and is the most abundant in the human body.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.