In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Granted, a lot of my stuff isn't really for young kids because it's collectible and worth a lot of money, like my Miss History Dolls and my Partridge Family board game.
- The very collectable 1914 vintage could have spent three years in an oak barrel and 86 in the bottle.
- This beautifully-packaged double set includes not only the big musical numbers her fans will already know but also an entire album's worth of new and collectable recordings.
- I'm not completely in favour of the idea because whereas collectable small antiques increase in value, cash deposits are currently running at an interest rate which, in real terms, is actually yielding a negative return.
- He was also an accomplished driver and mechanic, and an expert on antique and collectible toys.
- Small is beautiful in the world of antiques where miniature furniture has become so collectable that some of the highest quality pieces are selling for more than the real thing.
- Peter Sheen, Ireland's only professional coin and medal expert, will be on hand throughout the day to value coins, postcards, photographs and many other collectable items.
- If you like the look of transferware and aren't interested in collectible value, some companies, such as Spode, are still producing old patterns or releasing new ones.
- He lived in a big old house, full from floor to ceiling, in every nook and cranny, with collectible items.
- Strange, though Ian, how half-a-dozen years can turn a crass old banger into a collectable classic.
- Banks will loan money secured by reputable appraisals of collectable coins.
- I feel this set is destined to be collectable, so don't hesitate if you have any interest in the musicians, the music, or the worthwhile concept.
- Whether they are valuable for their collectible worth or for their sentiment, items that remind you of a special trip, time, or person should be readily accessible.
- Swindon police discovered £2,000 worth of the collectable toys during a raid earlier this year.
- Despite this relative success, production of the roadster is to stop, and those who study such things, reckon it will become a classic, collectable sports car.
- I don't have the time to attend gun shows or spend a lot of time rummaging through the gun listings looking for World War II vintage collectible firearms.
- These two photo portfolios could be collectible items for anyone interested in mineral photography, and they certainly would make fine gifts.
- The latest edition of Raw Vision reports on the growing interest in a highly collectable strand of outsider art, the Victorian Spar Box.
- The sale of collectible postage stamps and coins also constitutes a major part of the republic's revenue.
- This wall plaque is worth about £120 - Boer War items are quite collectable.
2(able to be collected)tickets are collectible at the box office — las entradas se pueden retirar en la taquilla
2(antique)objeto coleccionable masculine
- The firm sells high quality china, glass and collectables.
- There will be a diverse selection of items for sale including furniture, antiquarian books, linen and lace, china and collectibles.
- The astonishing collection of antiques, bygones and collectibles of Lincolnshire artist Colin Carr is expected to attract hundreds of fans.
- Vintage Shanghai posters have in recent years become a much sought-after item among enthusiasts of Oriental collectibles.
- The rugs, which use vegetable dyes, became popular collectibles after the 1979 Russian invasion of Afghanistan.
- This is the division in charge of recovering lost paintings and drawings, and their jurisdiction extends to various collectibles.
- Stamps and philatelic collectibles can be ordered online.
- Alan Coutts, a leading UK ceramics collector and dealer, believes that Scottish collectables and antiques are providing a welcome alternative to lacklustre pension plans.
- You also receive a certificate of authentication that adds additional value to these collectables.
- Knowing that an antique, a collectable, an objet d' art might add a touch of classic grace to your home is one thing, actually picking out that object and finding the courage to acquire it is something else.
- Many of the popular, but unofficial collectibles being sold to mark the country's 55th inauguration are made overseas.
- The Comic Book Legal Defense Fund is calling upon artists and collectors to make donations of original art and rare collectibles to assist in summer fundraising.
- Their museum sells books, clothing and collectibles.
- Hundreds of people went to the museum's D4 hangar to have items valued and show off their collectables of the future.
- However, with perseverance and patience, you will be sure to find that perfect antique collectible you have been seeking.
- Hidden across Scotland are hundreds of objets d' art, paintings, antique furniture and collectibles stashed away in private houses that you and I have a right to see.
- Just last week, a joiner working in Hampden brought in a collection of T-shirts, match tickets, and other collectables.
- But Canadians who are into collectibles might want to consider picking up a first edition of Busted Flush, Smith's latest novel.
- But space, specifically space toys and robots, is certainly one of the fastest growing areas in the world of collectibles.
- Christie's had an auction offering a number of Asian collectibles, including an important bronze group of Shiva and Parvati from the Chola dynasty.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.