In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1coronel masculinocoronela femenino
- There are several interesting issues here, such as the much-vaunted discovery that Army colonels increasingly self-identify as Republicans.
- As a general rule, however, military intellectuals tend to face mandatory retirement as lieutenant colonels or colonels, just as they are achieving full intellectual maturity.
- In the past year I have met midshipmen, Air Force cadets, colonels at the Army War College, officers in the Pentagon, air and naval crews at sea, reserve and retired officers, and a variety of civilian defense analysts.
- After 12 years of teaching ethics at the Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Alabama, I have learned a few lessons from the lieutenant colonels and colonels I've taught.
- Henry, an outstanding officer and one of the youngest colonels in the Army Air Corps, pinned the eagles on his shirt collar at the age of 28.
- The problem is that many military generals and colonels and lieutenant-colonels do their own thing.
- There are many officers in the embassy who are equivalent to general officers and colonels.
- He retired from the Army as a colonel in 1988 and was appointed deputy commander, IGR.
- As a result, lieutenant colonels, colonels, and general officers must operate in a more complex task environment than during the Cold War.
- Many lieutenant colonels and colonels express frustration at being labeled as poor mentors, and portrayed as contributing to the attrition of captains.
- Normally, a colonel would command a brigade, but TRISSOC is an elite service, and only brigadier generals are allowed to command brigades, with colonels as second-in-commands.
- When the Civil War began Grant returned to the Army and received the rank of colonel.
- Ted rose to the rank of colonel at the war's end serving as the 26th Infantry Regiment Commander.
- There are a thousand colonels in the army who'd give their eye teeth for this chance.
- The Defense Department announced on Friday that the President has formally nominated three colonels for promotion to Brigadier General.
- The senior officers - generals, brigadiers, colonels - were all at a loss about what to do.
- Some of these officers are now lieutenant colonels and colonels in the Army Reserve.
- There are five woman colonels [air force and army] or captains [navy] qualified for promotion to general positions.
- The Pentagon did not identify the other panel members, but said they were three colonels and a lieutenant colonel.
- The admiral was said to be interested in inviting upper middle grade officers, army colonels and navy captains, to observe US military exercises as a way to establish contact with the next generation of Chinese military leaders.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.