In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I'd seen what those newspaper columnists had been sprouting first hand.
- He was a prolific essayist and widely syndicated newspaper columnist.
- He is a widely syndicated newspaper columnist, a frequent contributor to leading periodicals, and a lecturer.
- Perhaps the best sports columnist of all time, Smith wrote what he saw.
- Most of them are opinions held by regular columnists in the paper deliberately stuck in there to wind people up.
- Frankly, it's frustrating for our journalists and columnists to have to find new ways to rehash the same material.
- Several columnists for mainstream daily newspapers cut to the heart of the matter.
- It's a story you hear trotted out by politicians trying to make a point or ivory tower newspaper columnists trying to fill a page.
- He currently resides in Barbados and is a weekly newspaper columnist.
- And a gossip columnist can get sued every bit as quickly as any reporter.
- Since then the gossip columnists have been doing their best to sniff out the real reasons behind the split.
- He is a graduate student at Harvard University and a columnist for the Journalist magazine.
- I'm going to become a teen magazine advice columnist.
- For many newspaper editors and columnists, some sections of society seem to be fair game.
- Today, he is the paper's nationally recognized, award-winning humor columnist.
- What journalism needs now, he says, is fewer columnists and more reporters getting out of the office and talking to real people.
- Some newspaper columnists use that one for anything they don't like or that one of their mates has argued against.
- Ten nationally syndicated columnists wrote columns violently attacking me and the university for this unprecedented assault on American values.
- It's worth remembering that newspaper columnists write one or maybe two features a week.
- "You shouldn't trust what those gossip columnists write, " she chided.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.