In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1píldora combinada feminine
- The combined pill is made up of two hormones called progestogen and oestrogen.
- A contraceptive injection is as reliable as a combined pill, but fertility can take a few months to return to normal, even if the injection is not repeated.
- The combined pill contains both oestrogen and progestogen.
- If the migraine is not suggestive of any disturbance of blood flow to the brain, you may be able to continue with the combined pill.
- It is useful if you can't take the hormone oestrogen, which is found in the combined pill.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.