In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1combustión femininebefore noun combustion engine — motor de combustión masculine
- When the flame is in complete combustion, you don't smell the oil.
- The health effects of combustion pollutants range from headaches and breathing difficulties to death.
- Twenty-five percent of total worldwide emissions come from fossil fuel combustion.
- But gasoline combustion also results in over a pound of water for every pound of fuel burned.
- Charcoal is the product of incomplete combustion of wood and is a seriously brilliant substance.
- An exhaust fan may pull the combustion gases back into the living space.
- Onboard sensors confirmed that combustion occurred in one of two parallel chambers.
- Acid on the foil, they said, can cause combustion.
- Called the " silent killer " because it is odorless, it is produced when hydrocarbon combustion is incomplete.
- Although greenhouse gases come from many sources, fossil fuel combustion is the prime human-induced source.
- The production of potash from broad-leaved trees also utilized wood in combustion processes.
- In addition, gasoline combustion products filled the tunnel with smoke.
- The complete combustion of carbon and hydrocarbons described above rarely occurs in nature.
- The widespread combustion of leaded gasoline is dangerous to society.
- Fly ash is a byproduct of coal combustion.
- However, such a detector will not detect other combustion by-products that can still make you ill.
- The combustion pollutants discussed in this booklet come from burning fuels in appliances.
- More traditionally, wood gas has been used to drive internal combustion piston engines.
- The purpose for this requirement is to prevent noxious combustion gases from venting into the living area.
- During the combustion of coal, minor constituents are also oxidized.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.