In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1humorista masculinecómico masculinecómica femininehe's a real comedian — es un verdadero payaso
- The night also featured a comedian, and a three-course dinner for club sponsors.
- At 16, she rebelled against her parents and aspired to become a comedian.
- As always at a comedy gig, the comedians on stage faced an uphill challenge overcoming the comedians in the audience.
- Tip to aspiring comedians: keeping it clean is not as easy as it sounds.
- He doesn't take for granted the skills required to be a comedian or comic actor of quality.
- While he considers himself first and foremost a stand-up comedian, his television career is on quite a roll.
- We both enjoyed the live performance of these gifted comedians immensely as we both love live theatre and comedy performances.
- I'm sure that fans of the comedian's live routine will be more than happy to own this disc.
- The radio personalities and vaudeville comedians brought their heightened creativity to the medium and it finally gained a wide audience.
- Being an unfunny comedian sounds like a kind of personal hell - public rejection and humiliation nightly.
- Why isn't the greatest comedian considered a better actor than a mediocre drama queen?
- About a decade ago, I was asked to appear on a comedy special which featured political comedians.
- Watching the way comedians dealt with difficult audiences was particularly enlightening.
- For those who remain in ignorance, he was the greatest stand-up comedian of all time.
- I think at his peak, he was the funniest stand-up comedian ever.
- His marriages and divorces were fodder for newspaper tabloids and late - night TV comedians.
- The 5.1 mix on this disc is better than expected - there were times where I felt I was really in the audience watching the comedians on stage.
- This was a shining example of teamwork, in which three great comedians combined to create an amusing and cohesive whole to a diverse and difficult play.
- I'm not blue - there are plenty of comedians who do that.
- A lot of the way I survived as a stand-up comedian was writing jokes for other comedians.
- The performance featured comedians paying tribute to Goldberg for her contribution to comedy.
- Hire noted comedians and physical actors for the lead roles, provide the straight man, and start firing.
- But unless you have a real group of gifted actors / comedians to turn the material into magic, all you have are precise words.
- He may be the last great comedian that anyone will even remember after turning age 100.
- None of the truly great comedians are funny when you meet them in real life.
- He saw himself as a dashing romantic figure and was mortified to find himself seen as a slapstick comedian.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.